Monday 17 October 2016

Research into similar product

Image result for rock sound front coverImage result for rock sound front cover
I have chosen these two front cover for one main reason, which is body language and facial expressions. A magazine like Rock Sound focuses and rock and punk genres, as well as their sub-genres which is the type of music i want my magazine to focus on. It is clear that both of these cover artists contribute to the type of the magazine by their body language. For example, Green day on the right are standing looking very sure of themselves and give the vibe of being tough. This is important as the music that Green Day play is labelled as rock/punk, so their body language expresses the kind of music they play. Furthermore, Oliver Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon on the left has a very tough facial expression, and he is making eye contact with the reader which can make the reader feel almost intimidated and feel that he is very important. On the front cover of my magazine, i want the cover star (whether it is me or a friend) to imitate the music genres that my magazine focuses on. I can use these two magazine covers as guidance as they tell me that looking tough and confident is very likely in cover stars of rock magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment